The Concorde MIX is a general-purpose model for scratch and back-cueing
- Provides great performance and durability. It has a good quality spherical stylus, a solid cantilever, and serves general purposes well.
- It offers both reasonable output, high sound quality and a good tracking ability for virtually any style of music.
- With transparent sound across the spectrum and excellent handling ability, the MIX represents one of the longest running values in DJ cartridges.
Excellent price-to-performance ratio.
In the mid-1980s, the original Concorde cartridges changed the landscape of vinyl DJing, and throughout the years Ortofon has continuously refined the Concorde brand by offering more than a dozen different models to the DJ market. During the past few years, Ortofon embarked on a mission to take the Concorde design back to ground zero, collaborating with some of the world’s top vinyl DJs to create a new series which would fulfill the needs of the modern DJ professional.
There are 5 cartridges in the series: MIX, DJ, CLUB, SCRATCH and DIGITAL - a clear product range for five applications and technological improvements for better performance.
- All models benefit from a replaceable reinforced finger lift, which is easily replaced if broken.
- The cartridge bodies have been broadened, to offer greater stability during performances.
- Replacement styli offer a tactile feedback when seating, indicating a snug and secure fit, while a cut-out area in the front allows for far more accurate needle drops.
- The Concorde MkII’s unique 2-seqment body design creates a fresh and attractive aesthetic.
The Concorde MIX offers a budget-friendly, yet high quality option capable of good all-round performance, while the Concorde DJ is considered the jack-of-all-trades, boasting accurate sound reproduction and excellent groove handling. The Concorde CLUB features a special Elliptical diamond and offers the best sound quality achievable for traditional vinyl playback and offers an outstanding platform for archival and sampling. The Concorde SCRATCH allows turntablist and scratching DJs to achieve new levels of performance with an unprecedented tracking ability and extra high output, and the specially-optimized Concorde DIGITAL offers both of these features with a technology designed to extend the life of timecode vinyl and minimize errors in decoding.
The new generation of Concorde tailored uniquely to the demands of modern turntable DJs.
- Additional Information
Output voltage at 1000Hz, 5cm/sec. - 6 mV
Channel balance at 1kHz - 1,5 dB
Channel separation at 1kHz - 20 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
Frequency range at -3dB - 20-20.000 Hz
Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommmended tracking force - 100 μm
Compliance, dynamic lateral - 14 μm/m N
Stylus type - Spherical R 18 μm
Tracking force range - 2 - 4 g
Tracking force recommended - 3 g
Cartridge weight - 18,5 g
Replacement stylus unit - MIX